We purchased APMEX "MindDirect" 2012 (S) San Francisco minted silver eagles in tubes of 20. We sent these SF Eagles to NGC for authenticated and grading and NGC stated that unless the SF Eagle was sent to them in the original mint green (Monster Box) with the original mint strapping intact they can't authenticate them as being from the SF Mint, thus treated as regular eagle (bullion).
Here is a reply from NGC when I questioned why the coins were not authenticated as being (S) San Francisco Minted Coins:
Thank you for your email. The only way to get the (S) no S mint mark on the label is to send the coins in the monster box with the strap still in tact.
Please feel free to email or call us should you have any further questions.
NGC Customer Service | Numismatic Guaranty Corporation
p. 800-642-2646 x134 | f. 941-360-2553
NGC, NCS, PMG and CGC are members of the Certified Collectibles Group
We have complained to APMEX and the customer rep refused to acknowledge the problem, I asked to speak with a supervisor I was told that someone would call me back, no one called.
They still advertise these coins as being SF Minted eagles knowing that they can not be authenticated as such.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Silver Eagle Coins
- Review category
- Financial Services
You May Also Like
- "Just received my order. Lol!! Saint-Gaudens $20 Gold double eagle MS-60. It look like ***. I will be filing charges...."
- "Earth Power Group is a subsidiary of Earth Power International, a “next generation” of scammers and swindlers for renewable energy companies and we are providers of the perfect scams within..."
- "WFG agents trick and cheat you. Then they recruit you and teach you how to trick and cheat other people. Seriously guys. Thats how it goes there. Why do I..."
- "Last year I brought furniture. From Bob's. Today I paid it off and purchased new furniture and was offer a warranty on my new purchase but never offered a warranty...."
- "The tittle says it all! I gave them my Dell XPS laptop running at top speed with NO Issues other than a few hiccups running it for 5 1/2 years..."
- "SCAM. SCAM. SCAM. SCAM. SCAM. SCAM. I refused to go further with conducting business with TOCO after reading these disturbing reviews and for the second time I have been harassed..."
- "I ordered 2 side kick glass top bunching tables from Ethan Allen based on a white wood sample board that the decorator showed me in the showroom. The store did..."
- "I don't understand how you advertise a purfume sale but no one has any stock some of the warehouses state that they never received any to start with and others..."
- "I purchased an UP3 and about 3 months later, the band is already breaking. I emailed Jawbone support about the issue and wanted to understand why it would break so..."