We purchased APMEX "MindDirect" 2012 (S) San Francisco minted silver eagles in tubes of 20. We sent these SF Eagles to NGC for authenticated and grading and NGC stated that unless the SF Eagle was sent to them in the original mint green (Monster Box) with the original mint strapping intact they can't authenticate them as being from the SF Mint, thus treated as regular eagle (bullion).
Here is a reply from NGC when I questioned why the coins were not authenticated as being (S) San Francisco Minted Coins:
Thank you for your email. The only way to get the (S) no S mint mark on the label is to send the coins in the monster box with the strap still in tact.
Please feel free to email or call us should you have any further questions.
NGC Customer Service | Numismatic Guaranty Corporation
p. 800-642-2646 x134 | f. 941-360-2553
NGC, NCS, PMG and CGC are members of the Certified Collectibles Group
We have complained to APMEX and the customer rep refused to acknowledge the problem, I asked to speak with a supervisor I was told that someone would call me back, no one called.
They still advertise these coins as being SF Minted eagles knowing that they can not be authenticated as such.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Silver Eagle Coins
- Review category
- Financial Services
You May Also Like
- " Nicholas Bilaczenko 1 second ago The Cause : Internet computer technology is flawed , NYSE computers are in principle no different to Home Personal Computer [PC] with 100's of..."
- "HB Anon, for all your righteous high-flown talk about "...Loss of cash value ...never has been deceptive..." isn't it funny how so few people--including most of the WFG agents..."
- "In his “review” last week San Diego Anon oozes about “...a beautiful lifelong career…” It’s “beautiful” all right. IF you love to recruit everybody in sight and personally..."
- "My Paypal account has been limited and paypal does'nt allow to withdraw money in Qatar, more than 180 days have been passed but i cannot get my money Hello My..."
- "I purchased a Samsung refrigerator on 11/28 as a Cyber Monday deal. The refrigerator showed as available and ready to ship. I applied for their credit card so I can..."
- "I had never heard of Zazzle before. I buy most things on Amazon. My stepfather is a huge fan of cigars and jigsaw puzzles. So, I got him a wonderful..."
- "I went to the Piercing Pagoda in Geen Acres Mall (NY) a while ago to get my ears pierced (2nd whole). The lady seemed to know what she was doing..."
- "I was on a trip to NYC and decided to buy a Xbox 360 and some pre-owned games and I thought: why not GameStop? As far as I knew, this..."
- "I have been a customer with At&t for 2 years, last year I got an IPhone 5 and my plan was renewed. For about a year and a half I..."