1.8K views

I have done limited business with Apmex in the past. I recently called Apmex to sell 1921 MS63 Morgan silver dollars.

Their site stated they were out and listed no buy price, so I figured I might get a decent price. When I called, they quoted me a price that was good, so I made the sale. I took them to Apmex in OKC, and they examined, counted, and signed off on the transaction statement, as did I. They took possession of my silver.

I was then notified the next day, they made a "mistake", and they quoted me the price for 1878-1904 Morgans. They then gave me a "new price", which was significantly lower. This was AFTER taking my silver and examining each coin! After much insistence on my part that they honor their signed contract, they raised the offer slightly, but it was still significantly lower than the original agreement.

They are either the most incompetent dealer I have seen, or the most deceptive. Either way, they have lost my trust and business forever.

This reviewer shared experience about pricing issue and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). This person is overall dissatisfied with Apmex. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Apmex.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Financial Services category for more informed decision or compare Apmex to other companies on our site.

Comments

They bait a switched on me when I tried to sell them coins at an agreed upon price.. They gave me a high quote so I sent them and when they had them in their possession they said they made a mistake in the quote and refused to give anything for it..

I got screwed. Don't trust the Retail trading Dept..

Dewitt, Iowa, United States #1199285

Sue those bastards

Mount Laurel, New Jersey, United States #1195131

A contract is a contract, the mistake of the responsible professional in the deal is not your problem. A small claims court notice to appear would wake them up.