3.1
Additional Fees
Interest Rate

Apmex shipped a silver bullet as part of a larger order of silver. They packed it loose in the cardboard box.

It shot through the box and was damaged. They offered only a replacement for this silver bullet that was damaged. When the replacement arrived I found that they just re-packed the exact same item and sent it back to me as my replacement. The damaged item was sent back to be as a replacement for the same damaged item.

Now they want to try again and promise they will not make the same mistake twice. Very unprofessional packaging. Damaged items are kept laying around and can be shipped back as replacements.

Be careful what you order from them. If you need a replacement be ready for a difficult and poor quality replacement process.

Review about: Apmex Shipping Service.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Preferred solution: Refund for the lost time, lost value due to damage, replace with better item.

I liked: Variety of options when buying precious metals.

Comments

I am a retail seller. This was quite a while ago but when I bought this, it was at a price very close the spot price of silver or around $18 per troy ounce.

This is a 100 ounce bar so it would have been worth at least $1800 retail and I had buyers interested in it. As I spend about 6 weeks in the return process returning this damaged item twice I lost out on the sale. After I posted this, they did replace the bullet bullion with a generic bullion bar. Unfortunately through no fault of theirs the value of silver dropped during this time.

That is the nature of this business. I am now stuck holding the bar until the price goes back up. I try to sell these things fast because of this volatility in the silver market. Damaged goods in shipping and slow and difficult returns make it really difficult to make money if the market goes the wrong way.

This time the slow return and market both worked against me.

If they would have replaced the item right away I would have sold it and been out of this before the market dropped. It was an $1800 sales loss but actually now it is a $200 loss in my inventory value.

I am a bit confused. How did you lose $1800 in that transaction?